AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"The tag is active but we couldn't find any custom parameters."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to get this resolved using Google Tag Manager which I have set up and I know my feed which I created in Adwords works OK and is valid. How do I create dynx_itemid and give it a value within GTM? I thought that was in the CustomParams section where you set "key" and "value" and this should match my adwords feed? Is this correct? My domain is pembrokeinstruments.com and I am checking the tags with the chrome extension.

We haven't detected custom parameters for custom business types (Google Analytics)
The tag is active but we couldn't find any custom parameters.
Check that the remarketing tag is implemented correctly. Custom parameters are necessary to enable dynamic remarketing. Learn about the dynamic remarketing tag.
View tag implementation instructions

We didn't find the custom parameter "dynx_itemid"
Your tag doesn't include the custom parameter "dynx_itemid".
Check that your tag is implemented correctly. The "dynx_itemid" value is necessary to enable dynamic remarketing, and should be added to your tag. Learn about the dynamic remarketing tag. Check that you're using the correct custom parameters using the Tag Assistant Chrome extension.
View tag implementation instructions
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "The tag is active but we couldn't find any custom parameters."

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Leslie,

dynx_itemid should have the same value as the item id in your feed. You can define the id on your site as a data layer variable and pull it from there into your dynamic remarketing tag in GTM. What ecommerce platform are you using?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital