AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Show ads more evenly for 30 days" > Not Working Correctly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an Ad Group where I've deleted Ad B and created Ad C so it's now A vs C in a split test.

There is only 1 (one) keyword in this Ad Group (Ruling out the argument of 1 of the keywords working better for Ad A and another keyword working better for Ad C)..

The correct option has been chosen: Show ads more evenly for 30 days.

Yet one of the Ads is getting 10 times more impressions than the other. I thought the 30 days was supposed to reset if 1 Ad is deleted and a new Ad is created? Well, that's most certainly not the case here.

Anything else it could be down to?

Re: "Show ads more evenly for 30 days" > Not Working Correctly

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Steve,

They ads will be shown evenly during the same date-range, 

For example - if you had created AD1 and it was online for 5 days, and than you added Ad2 and the run together for 5 days you're supposed to have:

"All time": Ad1 = 66% impressions | AD2 = 33% impressions 

"Last 5 days": Ad1 = 50% impressions | AD2 = 50% impressions 

So if you will check the ads that we're online together - on the same dates - you'll see 50%~ impressions - each.

I hope I was clear enough,

Asaf

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, that doesn't follow in this instance.

Ad C which I created about an hour ago has had 35 impressions.

As B (which I kept, because Ad A was getting pretty much 100% of the impressions) has had the same 2 impressions that it had originally before Ad C was created.

Therefore Ad C has just taken the place of Ad A in that it's being shown pretty much all the time.

Had the 30 days been 'reset' correctly, then we'd be looking at a much closer number on impressions.

The only thing I can think of is that Ad C has a much better Quality Score and so when it's being chosen for it's 50% of the time it's being viewed on Page 1, whereas Ad B isn't due to a low Quality Score... highly unlikely though as they're practically the same (a full stop difference!)

Also when I go into Ad Preview, it doesn't matter how many times I refresh, it ALWAYS shows Ad C.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Ah, I see now.

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Steve,

Note that AdWords data is not real time, the time lag is around 3h but for most accurate stats give it 24h and check back then.

Karl