AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Show ads more evenly for 30 days" > Not Working Correctly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an Ad Group where I've deleted Ad B and created Ad C so it's now A vs C in a split test.

There is only 1 (one) keyword in this Ad Group (Ruling out the argument of 1 of the keywords working better for Ad A and another keyword working better for Ad C)..

The correct option has been chosen: Show ads more evenly for 30 days.

Yet one of the Ads is getting 10 times more impressions than the other. I thought the 30 days was supposed to reset if 1 Ad is deleted and a new Ad is created? Well, that's most certainly not the case here.

Anything else it could be down to?

Re: "Show ads more evenly for 30 days" > Not Working Correctly

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Steve,

They ads will be shown evenly during the same date-range, 

For example - if you had created AD1 and it was online for 5 days, and than you added Ad2 and the run together for 5 days you're supposed to have:

"All time": Ad1 = 66% impressions | AD2 = 33% impressions 

"Last 5 days": Ad1 = 50% impressions | AD2 = 50% impressions 

So if you will check the ads that we're online together - on the same dates - you'll see 50%~ impressions - each.

I hope I was clear enough,

Asaf

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, that doesn't follow in this instance.

Ad C which I created about an hour ago has had 35 impressions.

As B (which I kept, because Ad A was getting pretty much 100% of the impressions) has had the same 2 impressions that it had originally before Ad C was created.

Therefore Ad C has just taken the place of Ad A in that it's being shown pretty much all the time.

Had the 30 days been 'reset' correctly, then we'd be looking at a much closer number on impressions.

The only thing I can think of is that Ad C has a much better Quality Score and so when it's being chosen for it's 50% of the time it's being viewed on Page 1, whereas Ad B isn't due to a low Quality Score... highly unlikely though as they're practically the same (a full stop difference!)

Also when I go into Ad Preview, it doesn't matter how many times I refresh, it ALWAYS shows Ad C.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Ah, I see now.

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Steve,

Note that AdWords data is not real time, the time lag is around 3h but for most accurate stats give it 24h and check back then.

Karl