AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Show a Google forwarding phone number on all eligible ads and devices" greyed out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, the "Show a Google forwarding phone number on all eligible ads and devices" option in ad extensions is greyed out. Why is this? How do i add a phone number into my adwords ad?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

"Call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers are...

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

"Call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers are currently only available to customers in the US and UK."

Looks like they are still not available in Australia, at least not yet to all advertisiers. 

Tom

View solution in original post

??? I am not seeing this, but I wonder...   Is this the f...

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

??? I am not seeing this, but I wonder...

Is this the first time you have tried to enable call extensions for this account, has it worked before?

What country are you located in/targeting? Google voice numbers may not yet be available for your location.

"Standard" call extensions could be used. They will not allow you to show a call extension on desktop/laptop/tablet computers, but will actually show your phone number on devices capable of making a phone call. Google voice numbers are randomly generated numbers which google owns. It's not your number, but does allow for call tracking, and allows a call extension to be shown on computers.

You could place the actual number within the ad text, it's not a call extension, but would allow you to show a number with the ad.

Tom

No i've never had it before. All my competitors have thei...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No i've never had it before. All my competitors have their phone number as an ad extention but I cant get mine.

if i could click this button under phone extensions it wo...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if i could click this button under phone extensions it would solve the problem i believe....but its greyed out for some reason?

"Show a Google forwarding phone number on all eligible ads and devices"

what location are you targeting?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
what location are you targeting?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Melbourne Australia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Melbourne Australia

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

"Call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers are...

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

"Call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers are currently only available to customers in the US and UK."

Looks like they are still not available in Australia, at least not yet to all advertisiers. 

Tom

So how do all my other competitors do it? THere in Austra...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So how do all my other competitors do it? THere in Australia targeting Australia as well

Extend my ads with a phone number Country or territo...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Extend my ads with a phone number
Country or territory

Phone number

Phone number options  
Show my business phone number only on high-end mobile phones (CPC)
Show a Google forwarding phone number on all eligible ads and devices <-----greyed out
High-end mobile phone options  
Allow click-to-call and clicks to your website
Allow only clicks-to-call

Before call metrics (now called google voice extensions)...

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Before call metrics (now called google voice extensions) came out to all advertisers in the US and UK, it was available in beta for some advertsiers. If that is the case (which would seem to be) then you will probably have to contact support, and see if you can request to be a part of the beta test.

I do just want to warn you though - After over a year of analyzing, optimizing for, and discussing google voice numbers/call metrics, there are still quite a few unknowns. Being able to track call data is fantastic, don't get me wrong. But, just be prepared (if you can be part of a beta program) there will definitely be an ongoing "figuring it out" period. Smiley Happy 

Tom