AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"No Matches Found" for City I'm Trying to Target

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When using the Adwords Keyword Planner, one of the cities I'm trying to target isn't available.

I type in "Tierra Verde" and get a "No Matches Found" message.

The map preview shows my other targeted cities highlighted in blue, but not Tierra Verde though the name of the city even appears on the map.

It has its own zip code (33715), a population of about 4,000 and a lot of local businesses.

I know I can just select an enclosing location--but that defeats the purpose of targeted advertising in the first place.

What is the deal here?

Can't select city.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Location identification and targeting are not perfect. It looks like Tierra Verde is just to small of a location to be able to identify and target as a city. Especially if it's a small island, the physical IP address locations for the entire island may actually track back to another city on the mainland. Like @RobSkelton said, the zip code may be the best, most highly targeted option.

Tom

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Perhaps Google knows the place by a different name?

Choose a radius that covers that area, then often Google will show you some places that fall within that radius. Selecting them will often fill the gaps. 

Also, try the zip code instead of the place name, that sometimes works.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Location identification and targeting are not perfect. It looks like Tierra Verde is just to small of a location to be able to identify and target as a city. Especially if it's a small island, the physical IP address locations for the entire island may actually track back to another city on the mainland. Like @RobSkelton said, the zip code may be the best, most highly targeted option.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

[Sorry for the late follow-up]. Yeah, I already tried using the zip code and it doesn't work either.

Related question: Do zip codes work for ANY cities in your experience? Because I've tried not only Tierra Verde's zip code, but also every zip code in the county and none return any results.