AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"New AdWords Features" - A Must Bookmark Page for All AdWords Advertisers

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hey Fellow AdWords Optimizers! 

Today I stumbled across a really useful page in the Google AdWords Support section called " New AdWords Features " 

I really got excited about this page because it contains a general summary of new features being introduced to the general public and features that have / will be removed from AdWords. 

Why is this useful? 

1. Prevents you from being caught unaware of new changes to policy/features/definitions/targeting/etc. - thus allowing you to make the appropriate changes (example: Extended Text Ad update). 
  2. Allows you to go back and understand retroactively when a change in AdWords occurred. Thus giving you an idea to a potential shift in performance (one of many, many factors). 
  3. Keeps you update-to-date so you don't have to worry whether you're existing knowledge of AdWords is consistent with the reality. For example: if you check the page you'll discover that only just this January 2017 AdWords enabled IF statements in their text ads, or February 2017 "AdWords Campaign Experiments are no longer supported; use campaign drafts and experiments."

New_AdWords_features_-_AdWords_Help_and_Campaign_Management_–_Google_AdWords.png

While I doubt this page will feature every change and new feature (there are many constantly being tested in beta to a small group of testers) - it does help you keep a finger on the pulse of whats going on in AdWords. 

Link to New AdWords Features: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6151102?hl=en

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
2 Expert replyverified_user

"New AdWords Features" - A Must Bookmark Page for All AdWords Advertisers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Great find!  Thanks for sharing.