AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Keywords Modifiers"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

All Experts / Professionals,

Recently while researching on net I came across the term as "keywords modifiers". I went through few articles but couldnt understand what exactly they are how are they useful for a campaign & how to apply in the campaign.

Also I have certain douts which are as follows:

1) What are the other types of keywords modifiers for adwords. 

2) Price of this keywords are same as the general broad match, phrase match etc.

3) I what way are they useful

4) What exactly is online or digital rebranding 

I would request all experts & professionals please if possible wxplain me this term & please share the article or video which would be a very helpful.

Thanking you

Regards

Urvesh Bhatt

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: "Keywords Modifiers"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Urvesh,

Keywords are the essential ingredients of your Adwords account. There are different match types available which work according to the logic applied by Adwords engineers around them. 

As Anil said above, main core match types are Exact, Phrase and Broad match type keywords. Then you have another match type called Broad Match Modifier, which is more flexible then phrase and more restrictive as compared to normal broad match type. You can go through this article for more details.

I would also encourage you to read the articles referred by Anil above. On top of that, TC Tom has written an excellent article with examples. Read this article also for more insights.

Coming to next part of your question, as per best practices you should bid highest for Exact match type, then for phrase match and lastly for broad match types in terms of their specific reach and relevancy. You can get better idea of bidding using keyword tool here.

In my opinion, Digital Rebranding could be reffered to a part of online branding strategy where you tend to re-market your brand in the digital world. If I speak in terms of Adwords, I could relate it to Remarketing strategy also where you have the option of re-targeting your audiences who have came to your website earlier but have not converted. You can read more about it in this article.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

"Keyword Modifiers"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

All Experts / Professionals,

Recently while researching on net I came across the term as "keywords modifiers". I went through few articles but couldnt understand what exactly they are how are they useful for a campaign & how to apply in the campaign.

Also I have certain douts which are as follows:

1) What are the other types of keywords modifiers for adwords. 

2) Price of this keywords are same as the general broad match, phrase match etc.

3) I what way are they useful

4) What exactly is online or digital rebranding 

I would request all experts & professionals please if possible wxplain me this term & please share the article or video which would be a very helpful.

Thanking you

Regards

Urvesh Bhatt

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Broad match allows your ad to show for searches on similar phrases and relevant variations. 
• Example: kittens 
• Searches that can match: kittens, kitten photos, adopt a kitten

Phrase match allows your ad to show only for searches that include the exact phrase, or close variations of that exact phrase, and possibly other words as well. 
• Example: "adopt a kitten" 
• Searches that can match: adopt a kitten, adopt a kiten, how to adopt a kitten

Exact match allows your ad to show only for searches that use that exact phrase, or close variations of that exact phrase, and no other words. 
• Example: [adopt a kitten] 
• Search that can match: adopt a kitten, adopt a kiten

Negative match ensures that your ad doesn't show for any search that includes that term. 
• Example: -free 
• Searches that won't match: free kitten adoption, free kitten calendars, who wants to free the kittens

Source- http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6324

Read more here- http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2497836

I will also suggest you to read @ Adword learning center, atleast fundamental.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Urvesh,

Keywords are the essential ingredients of your Adwords account. There are different match types available which work according to the logic applied by Adwords engineers around them. 

As Anil said above, main core match types are Exact, Phrase and Broad match type keywords. Then you have another match type called Broad Match Modifier, which is more flexible then phrase and more restrictive as compared to normal broad match type. You can go through this article for more details.

I would also encourage you to read the articles referred by Anil above. On top of that, TC Tom has written an excellent article with examples. Read this article also for more insights.

Coming to next part of your question, as per best practices you should bid highest for Exact match type, then for phrase match and lastly for broad match types in terms of their specific reach and relevancy. You can get better idea of bidding using keyword tool here.

In my opinion, Digital Rebranding could be reffered to a part of online branding strategy where you tend to re-market your brand in the digital world. If I speak in terms of Adwords, I could relate it to Remarketing strategy also where you have the option of re-targeting your audiences who have came to your website earlier but have not converted. You can read more about it in this article.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj