AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Experimenting is not supported for your current bidding option"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new experiment for enhanced serach network only campaign. 

I receive "Experimenting is not supported for your current bidding option" error when I submit a new experiment. 

I changed the bidding strategy to manual cpc at campaing, adgroup and kw levels. Nope didn't work.

I removed  all device, ad schedule and location based bid afjustments...nope didn't work.

I have previously ran another experiment a few weeks ago but I can't do it now. 

please help me Smiley Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cagatay
September 2015

Re: "Experimenting is not supported for your current bidding opti

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have finaly solved the issue. I've been using flexible bidding strategies and manual cpc bidding together in various kw & adgroup level. Experiments is not compatible with flexible bidding and other advanced bidding options (i.e. enhanced cpc, cpa bid) Eventhough, I change my campaign setting, all my adgroups and all my kw from flexible bidding strategy to manual cpc bidding, adwords did not let me to launch experiment. Then I changed bidding option of all kw and adgroups to "default bidding" which is the one set by the campaign settings (which is manual cpc). And it worked.
At the adgroups and kw lists, use the filter options bidding strategy->bid strategy source. So you can see which kw and adgroups bidding strategy is inherited from which level.
It seems experiment feature requires not only manual cpc bidding, but also the the bidding strategy should be inherited from campaign level setting.

Unfortunately, neither experiments nor bidding strategy help documents covers this issue

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Contact support in your country. Sounds like a bug.

(not sure about location and device bid adjustments in regard to experiments, check that first perhaps)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cagatay
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have finaly solved the issue. I've been using flexible bidding strategies and manual cpc bidding together in various kw & adgroup level. Experiments is not compatible with flexible bidding and other advanced bidding options (i.e. enhanced cpc, cpa bid) Eventhough, I change my campaign setting, all my adgroups and all my kw from flexible bidding strategy to manual cpc bidding, adwords did not let me to launch experiment. Then I changed bidding option of all kw and adgroups to "default bidding" which is the one set by the campaign settings (which is manual cpc). And it worked.
At the adgroups and kw lists, use the filter options bidding strategy->bid strategy source. So you can see which kw and adgroups bidding strategy is inherited from which level.
It seems experiment feature requires not only manual cpc bidding, but also the the bidding strategy should be inherited from campaign level setting.

Unfortunately, neither experiments nor bidding strategy help documents covers this issue

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Very kind of you to share the solution!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion. We've also run into a similar issue. However, with the launch of Enhanced campaigns on 7/22, are you still running into the same issue? It seems like Google is slowly transitioning all campaign, so there's still a period where you can still choose a legacy campaign. But, it doesn't seem very sustainable. Let me know if you've discovered another solution! Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow! Thanks for the answer but that tool is pretty useless if you cannot really dig deep into the CPC settings. Come on google, give us more tools/power!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for sharing this!

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This two year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

Thanks you.