AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Click to call"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I set up a search campaign and from mobile devices I wanted people to call my directly rather then going to my website so for that purpose I set up "Click to call" by adding my phone number in ad extension. Now my ad shows on mobile devices with my phone number at the top. My understanding is that when some one will click on my ad my phone will ring and i will be charged for the click. But what is happening that every day I see the clicks but no phone call. When I checked these clicks in detail in "segment" I found that all clicks are coming from mobile devices (click to call) but on other hand no phone call. I am very much worried because this is costing me lots of money but no business. Can any body help me in this regard please. Thank you

Re: "Click to call"

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Did you select click to call only? If not then people can click through to the site, or click to call.

An initiated call is not a completed or intended call. So if it is click to call only and people are clicking, but the phone doesn't actually ring, it's likely because it's not clear to the user that a click will initiate a phone call. They either immediately hang up, or do not allow their phone to complete the call.

Double check your settings first.
Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so very much. Yes I have checked the settings, its "click to call" only. Even i have checked by clicking on my ad, it dosnt allow to go to website. The only option it gives is to call. So the problem is still there. I am getting clicks but no phone call and these clicks are from mobile devices and type of click is "click to call"

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Saeed

Are you using a local number or international number in call extension as per the targeting location?

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you, I am just using Local number which my business main number.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
IMO, please switch the call extension setting to "include both your phone number and your website", to check any improvement. May be the users want to go to your site first instead of calling you.

Just an suggestion!

Abhishek

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
I agree... This gap between clicks and actual intended calls seems to indicate that users are not expecting to, and do not want to actually make a phone call at this time.

I would try giving them the option to click or call, trying some different "call focused" ad copy, and - You may also want to look into click to call conversion tracking on site.

Track conversions on a mobile site with a phone number:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en
Tom