AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Ads Showing: Yes" - No impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're running an mobile ad with a call extension that has a QS of 10. Hovering over the "eligible" sign says the ad is currently showing. But we have exactly zero impressions for the entire day so far. Am I missing something? 

Is the eligible part holding it up?

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: "Ads Showing: Yes" - No impressions

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning - 

A couple of thoughts:

#1 - The ad being 'eligible' merely means it's eligible to compete in ad auctions, it does not necessarily mean your ad will win any of those auctions and accumulate impressions (and clicks).

#2 - Data posting to the UI is not real-time. It's possible that your data will only refresh a couple of times a day. It's always a mistake (I think) to place too much emphasis on what the UI is showing for today--it's much more accurate to log in tomorrow and see all (or most) of "today's data" once it's all been posted.

Hope that helps clarify!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi there,

If your ad is eligible but you're not getting any impressions you might want to try adding some more keywords to try and get some more traffic. If your keywords are very niche, they might be eligible to trigger your ads, but might not drive all that much traffic to your site. Trying out some new keywords might help you get the level of impressions that you would like. 

Hope this helps. 

A.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Firethorne,

The Yes means your ad is eligible to run when a search happens.

You will see the impressions when someone actually searches and your ad show up.

Hope this helps.

Info

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, it may be because your keywords have low search volume. Before going for a certain keywords its better to find its search count on Google Keyword Tool.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning - 

A couple of thoughts:

#1 - The ad being 'eligible' merely means it's eligible to compete in ad auctions, it does not necessarily mean your ad will win any of those auctions and accumulate impressions (and clicks).

#2 - Data posting to the UI is not real-time. It's possible that your data will only refresh a couple of times a day. It's always a mistake (I think) to place too much emphasis on what the UI is showing for today--it's much more accurate to log in tomorrow and see all (or most) of "today's data" once it's all been posted.

Hope that helps clarify!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi there,

If your ad is eligible but you're not getting any impressions you might want to try adding some more keywords to try and get some more traffic. If your keywords are very niche, they might be eligible to trigger your ads, but might not drive all that much traffic to your site. Trying out some new keywords might help you get the level of impressions that you would like. 

Hope this helps. 

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I face the same problem when I ran AdMob campaigns - ad showing but no impression served. Checked with AdMob team, they told me that they do not have enough users/viewers under the age group (30 and above) targeted by us. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It means your keyword selection is not up to your business. Ads are eligible means not any issue with ads but Impression is zero means, your ad is not triggering. Use Google keyword selection tool to find very relevant keywords and attach them with ads.

Don't confuse with other answers. Do try it and lets know us.