AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

question about traffic estimates for broad match

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi all, i have one question regarding keyword planner's ”get traffic estimates for a list of keywords” feature using broad match.

Let's say I want to know the impression of the two phrases.
"Japanese food"
and
"Japanese"

(this is just an example)

In cases like this, I noticed the impression estimate of "Japanese food" sometimes is bigger than "Japanese".

I thought broad match will take into account both impressions of "Japanese" and "Japanese food", so the impression of "Japanese" should be larger than "Japanese food".

Could somebody teach me why it is not working this way and the opposite? Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shin O
September 2015

Re: question about traffic estimates for broad match

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Broad match is very.... broad!
the keyword "Japanese food" can show your ad also in "Chinese Food" search term.

I think you should check your keywords with phrase match to get more accurate estimates

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shin O
September 2015

Re: question about traffic estimates for broad match

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Broad match is very.... broad!
the keyword "Japanese food" can show your ad also in "Chinese Food" search term.

I think you should check your keywords with phrase match to get more accurate estimates