AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

quality score product listing ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just wondering if anyone knows how google calculates "quality score" for product listing ads. I don't even know if such a thing exists, but it would be useful to know how google determines ad rank on these ads, especially if google shopping is disappearing. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: quality score product listing ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi chedgefappc,

Yes, there is a QS for product listing ads, but it is not revealed to you. QS is based on your product description as compared to the search query. You can get a boost to the QS by getting reviews on certain websites. You'll need a minimum number of reviews, I believe that number is 30 reviews in the last 30 days.

What can you do? Work on your product descriptions and try to get some reviews. It's a tough job these days. Especially if the product you offer is also offered by Amazon or eBay. It's close to impossible to compete with the number of reviews registered on those sites. I do hope they come up with a better algorithm for this soon.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi chedgefappc,

Yes, there is a QS for product listing ads, but it is not revealed to you. QS is based on your product description as compared to the search query. You can get a boost to the QS by getting reviews on certain websites. You'll need a minimum number of reviews, I believe that number is 30 reviews in the last 30 days.

What can you do? Work on your product descriptions and try to get some reviews. It's a tough job these days. Especially if the product you offer is also offered by Amazon or eBay. It's close to impossible to compete with the number of reviews registered on those sites. I do hope they come up with a better algorithm for this soon.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cheers for that Pete, that does seem to make sense. Similar to Google shopping then.