AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

problems regarding PLA ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help me out on Search Funnel.

I want to understand about terms like assist clicks, assist impressions, assissted conversions and all others.
 Importantly how they will help me to make a successful campaign with good CTR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Balesh H
September 2015

Re: problems regarding PLA ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Balesh,

A good resource to help you develop your knowledge about the Search Funnels Reports is the Understanding Conversion Tracking Reports page.  I think this will help you to better understand all of the metrics you mentioned.

Understanding Conversion Tracking will definitely help you to manage a successful campaign and improve your results over time.  However, the insights that you will gain from conversion tracking will mainly help you to understand what happens after a customer clicks on your ads.  As a result, conversion tracking is intended to help you determine which ads, keywords and campaigns bring you business.  Ultimately, this should help you to invest more wisely in the best ones and ultimately, boost your return on investment.  If you're using Google Analytics in combination with AdWords, you can gain even more insight into your customers' conversion process.  Check out the Google Analytics documentation on Conversions.

The other aspect of successful campaign management that you mentioned, Clickthrough Rate, focuses more on the success of your campaign leading up to the moment that a customer clicks on your ad.  Improving this will help you to send more targeted traffic to your site.  In order to improve this, you'll need to focus your analysis and improvements on your keywords, ads, and clicks/impressions (CTR).  There is a lot of documentation to help you with this:

Although it is long, I hope this is a most helpful response to your question.  As you can see, understanding (and improving) CTR and Conversion really encompasses the entire customer journey from the moment that a customer sees your ad to the moment that they convert.

All the best,

Joe

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Balesh H
September 2015

Re: problems regarding PLA ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Balesh,

A good resource to help you develop your knowledge about the Search Funnels Reports is the Understanding Conversion Tracking Reports page.  I think this will help you to better understand all of the metrics you mentioned.

Understanding Conversion Tracking will definitely help you to manage a successful campaign and improve your results over time.  However, the insights that you will gain from conversion tracking will mainly help you to understand what happens after a customer clicks on your ads.  As a result, conversion tracking is intended to help you determine which ads, keywords and campaigns bring you business.  Ultimately, this should help you to invest more wisely in the best ones and ultimately, boost your return on investment.  If you're using Google Analytics in combination with AdWords, you can gain even more insight into your customers' conversion process.  Check out the Google Analytics documentation on Conversions.

The other aspect of successful campaign management that you mentioned, Clickthrough Rate, focuses more on the success of your campaign leading up to the moment that a customer clicks on your ad.  Improving this will help you to send more targeted traffic to your site.  In order to improve this, you'll need to focus your analysis and improvements on your keywords, ads, and clicks/impressions (CTR).  There is a lot of documentation to help you with this:

Although it is long, I hope this is a most helpful response to your question.  As you can see, understanding (and improving) CTR and Conversion really encompasses the entire customer journey from the moment that a customer sees your ad to the moment that they convert.

All the best,

Joe