AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

plus.google.com as a website??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

on my adwords ad it shows plus.google.com instead of my website address. I have tried numerous times to change it to no avail. Help please!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: plus.google.com as a website??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting question. I've been struggling with something similar. In the places listing under the 7 pack, instead of the web address showing up, it shows plus.google.com. I'm trying to figure out why. Could these be the same problem?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Are you advertising with AdWords Express?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Weblind, i have the same problem you have. It seems that in the 7-pack for my keywords google has replaced only my site with the "plus.google.com". Curious if you got an answer to your question and figured out a way to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance for any feedback and advice! 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Is this on the display network or in search?

Go to your campaign then to Settings > Social Settings and that will disable the icon on display ads.

If in doubt, check if you have the social extensions (click on the Extension tab and then the dropdown on the top left)

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hankao - I figured out that if I login to the google+ for business page, and on the right side clicked to edit the content, it allowed me to add phone number, web address, etc. to the page. When done with that, it properly removes the plus.google.com and makes it your web address. Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

WebBlind thank you so much for the reply. i tried that and my web address properly entered but it still shows the plus.google.com address upon search. Perhaps i have to wait a bit. Did it take a while for google to change it over to your web address? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hankao2000 - I honestly don't remember how long it took. If anything, it was not longer than 24-48 hours. I don't remember it being instant, but it was quick.  The only thing I can also say is the Google+ Local and Google+ for business pages were linked and verified on both. That might have an effect. Can't say for sure.