AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

placement with or without WWW

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am a little confused about whether to use or not use www when adding a managed placement. Some while ago I did add a bunch of URL:s without www (which is how Googe support does it in their examples), but then I received very few impressions. So after a while I added the same URL:s with www in front and then a few of those actually started getting impressions, while their sisters yet didn´t (cpc was the same).

I then started doing this on a regular basis and as an example I have one account where I have added the same domain with and without www and both of these placements get plenty of impressions and the amount is pretty equal.

Re: placement with or without WWW

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi David, I think adding/removing WWW works like this

www.mysite.com - You will get impressions from www.mysite.com and its inner pages viz. www.mysite.com/cat1.html etc.

But if mysite.com has subdomain based structre like blog.mysite.com/product1.html then your ads wont appear if you are putting placements with www in it

So yes placement with or without www in it will bring you more impressions as your ads will be served on both type of domain structue (If the placement has it)

Instead of having duplicate placements use only NON www urls that will pull impressions from both type of domains structure.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Paras J