AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

personal gmail with adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use gmail for personal email.  I use my work email for my mcc adwords. I can't have both open at the same time using Chrome.  My business email is wendy@pinkapedesign.com and I don't want to create a gmail account for this mcc adwords account.  

What is the best way to manage a personal gmail account as well as a work mcc adwords account tied to a different email?

thanks,

W

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: personal gmail with adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI wporter66

Welcome to the AdWords communtiy forum :-)

I have the same issue myself, I don't use my work email for logging into AdWords either. The only way that you can work around this is using a different browser for the accounts eg I use chrome for my work email account and I use firefox when I am looking at a non related AdWords account or another email account. There's no 'clever' way of getting around unfortunately..............

Kind regards

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi W,

As well, I'm in a similar situation.  What I did was add my personal Gmail email to the MCC.  I also don't actually attach any AdWords Accounts directly to my personal email.

If you cannot do this, then as previously mentioned, I also use the Chrome/FF option.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Hel_ipe is right, there isn't a quick work around, but one other option is to use an Incognito window if you are using Google Chrome. This would allow you to be logged into one account in your regular browser and another in your Incognito window. 

Hope this helps!

Alys

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

@Alys

Thanks for the tip! Will give it a go :-)

Kind regards

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Great! Hope that helps!