AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

overdelivery Video Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team,

We sat up a video campaign it was working & delivering fine, but yesterday & today not delivering, everything is good, I just got message that my campaign got (  Overdelivery is expected and this seems to be the reason why we don't see traffic at this point ), and they asked me to increase the budget.

I didn't understand anything, please advise first time it happens.

Thx,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: overdelivery Video Campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Zineb,

If you're aware of over delivery, what's happening now is an adjustment towards over delivered cost for this month. AdWords system does this, to ensure your monthly spend doesn't go over 30.4*daily budget. Therefore, increasing the budget is the only option in hand. To ensure this doesn't happen in future, I'd suggest assigning a budget inclusive of over delivery for smooth delivery.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for your reply, but still didn't understand Smiley Sad could you elaborate with an example.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Sure, Zineb!

Let's say your daily budget is $10. On some days when there's good traffic and performance, AdWords may show your ads even after the daily budget is exhausted. This is called budget over delivery. Maximum over delivery could be 20% of the daily budget, which is $2 in this example.

Now, if you look at a monthly perspective; your maximum spend shouldn't exceed your avg. daily budget * 30.4 which is the average number of days in a month. Therefore, AdWords system adjusts your daily budget in the last few days of the month to ensure monthly spend isn't exceeded. If you've made frequent changes to daily budget and also have over delivery on a few days, avg. daily budget calculation is affected and reflects in last few days of the month.

I'd suggest increasing your budget for remaining days of this month and then settle with an appropriate budget starting Jan 1, to avoid such issues. More about budget over delivery here.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar