AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

opting out of tablets and phones for ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't want my ads to appear on tablets or phones. 

I can "Change mobile bid adjustment" on phones down to a much lower amount and that is good but I don't have the same option for tablets.

If I try to "Edit" under the Devices listing it gives me the warning "When you select advanced mobile and tablet options, you opt out of desktops and laptops."  Desktops and Laptops are what I want to advertise on.

My conversion rate on tablets is so low I'm wasting my advertising dollars on having the ads show there.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: opting out of tablets and phones for ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
This has been a request by many advertisers, (to set a separate category for tablets.) Currently, it's not possible, My own "feeling" : due to the high demand it will be offered at some point;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: opting out of tablets and phones for ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Unfortunately this is not something that can be "managed" - as Moshe says, the rumblings in the ppc community as getting so loud the separation is almost certain to come.

PC bid will become the base bid and mobiles and tablets will adjust around that - but for the time being we cannot separate pc's and tablets.