AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

optimal video length for TrueView video ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

what video length would you recommend for a series of TrueView video ads to perform best?

We' re also planning one or several teasers.

Thank you.

Sandrine & Marion.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandrine-Marion
September 2015

Re: optimal video length for TrueView video ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sandrine and Marion and welcome to the forum.

As you may know, your Video Campaigns will show you data on how far through your video each viewer watches, so it's possible to gather and analyse this data against it's actual length.  I don't think there's any "optimal" length that will work for all videos, it will depend upon the product and the video itself.  I would create three different videos of differing lengths - maybe one around 30 seconds, another up to 2 minutes and a third somewhere in-between, then test them over time against conversions and costs.

I would certainly recommend you think about people that are "sold early".  Don't wait until the very last few seconds to introduce your key selling point or best promotional trick; videos can usually be "skipped" after only 5 seconds so you'll want to hook your audience right at the very beginning and give them a reason to watch to the end (then visit your site!).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandrine-Marion
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sandrine and Marion and welcome to the forum.

As you may know, your Video Campaigns will show you data on how far through your video each viewer watches, so it's possible to gather and analyse this data against it's actual length.  I don't think there's any "optimal" length that will work for all videos, it will depend upon the product and the video itself.  I would create three different videos of differing lengths - maybe one around 30 seconds, another up to 2 minutes and a third somewhere in-between, then test them over time against conversions and costs.

I would certainly recommend you think about people that are "sold early".  Don't wait until the very last few seconds to introduce your key selling point or best promotional trick; videos can usually be "skipped" after only 5 seconds so you'll want to hook your audience right at the very beginning and give them a reason to watch to the end (then visit your site!).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sandrine & Marion,

Welcome the the Adwords Community Smiley Happy

I would like you to read this particular reference of Google help center, where different video ad formats and their specifications are mentioned. It will assist you in identifying how to start off with your video campaigns.

As always, Adwords gives you more success when you start experimenting. So start with your video ads and then try some different versions of your video with little variation in video lengths and then see what works best for your business.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for your answer and great tips!

We'll keep you posted!

S&M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,
Thank you for your kind welcome, advice and offer.
We'll tell you when we are ready !
Keep in touch.
M&S