AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

number of characters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some of the headlines in the advertisement are much bigger than 25 or even 35 characters, please, advise on how do they do it?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: number of characters

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If the first desrciptive line of your ad has a closiing punctuation mark (period, exclamation or question mark) at the end of it (a comma won't do) then Google will (usually) add this line as an extension to the headline when the ad appears in the top three positions - makning the headline appear to be much longer than ususal.

I try and do this with all my client's ads as it tends to get better CTR - and not only bewcause it is in the top positions.

But, in reality the character limits are the same - it's just a question of presentation.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello tanya_pasko, 

Welcome to adwords community, 

You can not add on headlines more then 25 character, or in decription line more than 35. You can add dynamic keywords insertaion. For more information go with this link 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Dynamic-Keyword-Insertion-in-URLs/td-p/12624

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If the first desrciptive line of your ad has a closiing punctuation mark (period, exclamation or question mark) at the end of it (a comma won't do) then Google will (usually) add this line as an extension to the headline when the ad appears in the top three positions - makning the headline appear to be much longer than ususal.

I try and do this with all my client's ads as it tends to get better CTR - and not only bewcause it is in the top positions.

But, in reality the character limits are the same - it's just a question of presentation.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

yeah.

i remember this happening even when the closing punctuation mark was not there