AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

no address in ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i don't want my address to appear in my ad but it seems as though it is appearing despite having disabling it when prompted. how do i edit that and/or how can i tell if the address truly does or does not appear?

Re: no address in ad

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Are you using adwords, or adwords express? 

Could you elaborate on "seems"? Are you seeing the address in a live search, the ad preview tool, or are there some stats in the UI that suggest the address is still showing?

Update: Adwords, obviously because you can't change that stuff with Express, right?

Yes, disable the location extensions, but it "seems" from the phrasing of your question that you have done that already(?).

If so, then the question still remains - How are you determining that the location is still showing with the ads? Therein lies the answer to the second part of your question "how can i tell if the address truly does or does not appear?".

The preview tool is just an estimate. Although it can be (and is) a great tool, each impression is a unique auction, and:

If you are relying on a live search, you can't trust a single search, or multiple repeated searches to give an accurate assessment of how your ad may or may not appear to the majority of users in your targeted market. There are many reasons why neither is perfect, and I could go on FOREVER!

If, on the other hand you are relying on impression stats in the UI - Then what stats, for what date range? What hour of day? How long after you deleted the ad extensions? Wait a day, then look at today's data (whatever data you are viewing) and see if tomorrow things don't look different than they did today - Unless of course by now today is tomorrow, then you would be looking for yesterday's data - Unless of course yesterday is actually today, then you would still need to wait a day. Smiley Happy

Tom

Re: no address in ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

make sure its disabled in adwords extensions->location extensions