AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

new sitelinks policy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

How do you think this should be interpreted?

http://adwords.blogspot.se/2012/09/unique-sitelinks-policy-will-be-more.html

May one only have one unique link (landingpage AND linktext) per account? May there not be any overlap whatsoever between sitelinks, no links amongst sitelinks between different campaigns pointing at the same landing page and/or using the same linktext?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: new sitelinks policy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I understand it as No duplicay for landing pages and line text should be there whenevern adcopy served. It is as per campaign not account as it is for user better experience. And we get a chance to serve maximum 5 landing page with one ad textSmiley Happy for desktop and computers and three for mobile devices.

Let's see what others have to say.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

My understanding is as Neha's

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
So you think it´s okay if any of the sitelinks will have the same landing URL as the ad itself?
Or will there be a punish for that?
Or will the site link just not show if that was to happen?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi David;

(My answers in "purple-pink")

1. So you think it´s okay if any of the sitelinks will have the same landing URL as the ad itself? - No ; existing policy has required each sitelink in a campaign to link to a different landing page....""
  2. Or will there be a punish for that? - According to the Policy, your sitelinks will not be approved. What happens if you do it routinely ? No idea...You are familiar with Google's "non-tolerance" towards Policy violations Smiley Frustrated
  3. Or will the site link just not show if that was to happen?- Corrcet. (No idea if continuous violation will result in suspension.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi David,

My understanding is in sync with Neha and Moshe.

No duplicates and all unique landing pages is the real key, which Adwords is asking its advertisers to follow while using Sitelinks.

Moshe has clarified straight forward above Smiley Happy

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone

So how does one handle that with as little headache and few work hours as possible?

Considering I from time to time inherit accounts that someone else has set up and that each account may on average have 10 campaigns, 10 sets of sitelinks and 100 ads - how do I with lowest possible effort check  if there is any overlap between any ad URL and sitelink URL?
Should be an Editor job, but I can´t think of any really easy way spontaneously

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

There is no other option, but to review each one manually...

@David_Precisera wrote:

Thanks everyone

So how does one handle that with as little headache and few work hours as possible?

Considering I from time to time inherit accounts that someone else has set up and that each account may on average have 10 campaigns, 10 sets of sitelinks and 100 ads - how do I with lowest possible effort check  if there is any overlap between any ad URL and sitelink URL?
Should be an Editor job, but I can´t think of any really easy way spontaneously

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Isn´t this in contradiction with the "enhanced sitelink" function? According to which you should

Have multiple active ads in your account with the same landing page URLs as your sitelinks. One ad to match each unique sitelink is the bare minimum.

http://adwords.blogspot.se/2012/09/enhanced-sitelinks-rolling-out-globally.html

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

David;

I do not think; so

The enhanced sitelinks refers to the case where you have multiple ads, that portion of their ad-copy, is shared into the sitelink format, / ad-copy (the user sees). The Policy enforcement, on the hand, refers to the landing page the user ends up at.