AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

new 150 min reviews for seller ratings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so i noticed our seller ratings are no longer showing under our ads. and after talking to the google team they say there is a new min of 150 reviews needed.

this makes very very very sad, as i am a very small business. i do great support and always get great reviews. i get maybe 5 reviews a month ( all great ) and this is with being very active in getting my customers to leave reviews.
My competitors who have a LOT of money to advertise and get more customers have their reviews/stars showing. And their reviews are not as good as mine. I believe i provide a better service and product to them in almost all ways. but they have the money so can get the customers through advertising.

I have noticed my conversion rate is about 80% less without the seller reviews. and now the adwords are making me lose money. so i will have to stop it.

this i think is very unfair and sad. i wish they would allow sellers who are small like me to get these seller reviews to show up under the ads. As i work hard to provide a better service then the big guys, but it seems google only wants to help the big guys.

I am very sad about this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: new 150 min reviews for seller ratings

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Paul,

My agency works with many small businesses, so I feel your pain. Our Google reps haven't confirmed yet that this change is taking place but I've seen enough confirmations elsewhere to be pretty sure it's going to happen.

What percentage of your customers leave you a review right now? I ask because Shopper Approved boasts the industry highest review acquisition rate at around 42%, so if you're working with enough customers per month, at that acquisition rate you might be able to get enough reviews to hit the new threshold.

Best wishes for your business,

John

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
It doesn't make sense to lose the profitable conversions you are getting because something has changed. This update only happened a few days ago. It doesn't seem like enough time has passed to make an accurate analysis.
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i was doing advertising for about 90 days, i had 1 conversion about each 30 days.
I got the ratings to show a few weeks ago. and i all of a sudden started to get 1 conversion each day.