AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

negative kw issue across campaigns

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys

I have a kw in one campaign but variations of that kw in other campaigns. i.e hypnotherapy in one and hypnotherapist in the other.

To do this i have had negative kw in the campaigns so i could monitor better which kw performs best. I have noticed that even though one campaign has certain neg kw, the kw enabled isnt showing up as i get a message saying the enabled kw is not showing as the neg kw is showing in a different campaign instead.

Whats the point of having neg kw if google will just show my ad for a variation of my enabled kw?

If this is the case am i better to just have one campaign instead of the variation campaign, and use a + symbol so google can just choose which to show the ad for?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ripleyhypno
September 2015

Re: negative kw issue across campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

I have a sense of what you're attempting and it sounds like you're on the right path. You may just need a couple of tweaks.

Can you elaborate a bit on this setup? Perhaps, you could list a couple of examples with the corresponding keywords/negatives and the match types you're using? Also, I know what the messaging is saying but how about the data...are these keywords actually getting any impressions?

From there, I'm certain that I can guide you to the proper execution of embedded negative keyword use and explain the messaging in your account.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: negative kw issue across campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi

Thanks for the reply, it seems like ive done it atm- im certain i never altered it though which seems bizarre??

but ill report back in a few days if necessary.

Thanks