AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

negative keywords adding on editor

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

I'm using adwords editor to upload in bulk my negative keywords to ad groups inside one campaign. the thing is, when i do it, it uploaded all my negative keywords inside each ad group.

i checked the box saying "add as ad group level" and still i get each ad group with all the negative words instead just one in each group.

it only happens on my macbook, does editor can't work well on mac?

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tomer N,

AdWords Editor should work correctly with a PC or Mac. Are you following this info in adding the keywords? And are you using the latest version of AdWords Editor?

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i download editor a month ago, and i am using Add as ad group-level negative keywords.

works fine on PC but not on mac

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tomer N,

That's interesting.

Upon further research, I do see that certain iOS versions can have some quirks with AdWords Editor.

AdWords Editor version 11.6 works with Mac OS X 10.7 or later. Do these match up to yours?

All the Best,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks James for checking it up. I have max OX el capitan. how can I know my editor version?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

In Make Multiple Changes dialog, pay attention to the "Destination" radio buttons on the top left. It looks like you are choosing "Use selected destinations" - with this option, you provide a list of keywords, and they are duplicated in every campaign or ad group (depending on whether you are adding campaign-level or ad group-level keywords) you've checked in the account tree.

If instead you choose "My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups", then each row of your data can specify a particular campaign or ad group the keyword should be added to, along with the keyword itself.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

try that already and still i got all negetive words inside each ad group.

thanks for your reply. 

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Could you show a screenshot of Make Multiple Changes dialog, right before you click Process?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I have the same issue. Did you manage to upload the negatives correctly? I do the whole process right: 

- Ad Groups & Campaign Columns 

- I choose the option "My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups"

but AdWords still upload every single keyword of the list at Campaign level, instead of Ad Group Level.

Any solution here?

Many thanks in advance!