AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

negative keywords adding on editor

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

I'm using adwords editor to upload in bulk my negative keywords to ad groups inside one campaign. the thing is, when i do it, it uploaded all my negative keywords inside each ad group.

i checked the box saying "add as ad group level" and still i get each ad group with all the negative words instead just one in each group.

it only happens on my macbook, does editor can't work well on mac?

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tomer N,

AdWords Editor should work correctly with a PC or Mac. Are you following this info in adding the keywords? And are you using the latest version of AdWords Editor?

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i download editor a month ago, and i am using Add as ad group-level negative keywords.

works fine on PC but not on mac

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tomer N,

That's interesting.

Upon further research, I do see that certain iOS versions can have some quirks with AdWords Editor.

AdWords Editor version 11.6 works with Mac OS X 10.7 or later. Do these match up to yours?

All the Best,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks James for checking it up. I have max OX el capitan. how can I know my editor version?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

In Make Multiple Changes dialog, pay attention to the "Destination" radio buttons on the top left. It looks like you are choosing "Use selected destinations" - with this option, you provide a list of keywords, and they are duplicated in every campaign or ad group (depending on whether you are adding campaign-level or ad group-level keywords) you've checked in the account tree.

If instead you choose "My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups", then each row of your data can specify a particular campaign or ad group the keyword should be added to, along with the keyword itself.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

try that already and still i got all negetive words inside each ad group.

thanks for your reply. 

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Could you show a screenshot of Make Multiple Changes dialog, right before you click Process?