AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

my "extreme tracking" shows less clicks than google is charging - why?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

On my web site chillypepperhire.co.uk, extreme tracking shows less clicks than google ads.

If you scroll right down to the very bottom of my home page you will see the extreme tracking icon

For example yesterday (02/07) it shows google ads (pay per click) is 12, whilst google is charging for 15 and today (03/07) it shows 7, but google is charging for 9

Why is this?

if you google my website "chillypepperhire.co.uk" and click directly on it you will see that you just get "Google:" but if you click on a pay per click you get "Google Ads:"

Help

John Brassington

johnb@chillypepperhire.co.uk

Re: my "extreme tracking" shows less clicks than google is c

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Extreme tracker works with Javascript. If the script is not running, or not running proper, the visit is not tracked.
Or if someone does not allow running javascript in his/her browser the visit is not tracked.

All I can tell you that I use at the same time different javascript tracking tools. And the numbers always were a little bit different.

Maybe this gives the same kind off differences there are between Google Analytics and Adwords.
http://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en
You have to keep in mind that clicks are not exactly the same as visits to website for most tracking systems.

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.