AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

my campaign is currently, but not showing on google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my campaign is currently, but not showing on google search

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: my campaign is currently, but not showing on google search

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi John,

This is a question we get asked by our clients a lot. Check your Search Network Impression Share metrics. These can be found in the 'Columns' drop down menus. Impression Share is a metric which tells you the percentage of times your ad was shown for search queries that would trigger your keywords. If your budget is too low, Google won't show your ad for every search query, otherwise you could end up spending your whole budget before midday. Likewise your ads won't necessarily rank high enough to show for every search term. 

There is a column each to tell you how much search impression share you are missing out on due to budget and rank. Unless you have a high budget and a really well optimised, targeted account it is unlikely that you'll always have 100% impression share. This means that your ads won't show for every search term. 

There are other possible reasons for this but I think this should be the first thing to check.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks for your note Rob.

The strange thing is that my ad was running this morning for a specified time, but I went to lunch and paused it. When I returned and enabled my ad it did not reappear in the google search.

It's currently not appearing anywhere on the search engine, even though the metrics have remained consistent?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi John I,

1. Are you using the Ad Preview tool to look for your ad? If not, you may not be seeing the ads other people see. If you do a live search for your keywords often enough without clicking on your own ad, Google will at some point stop showing it to you.

2. Enabling the campaign after pausing does not necessarily restart your campaign right away. Do you go to lunch at a regular time? You might use automated rules to pause and restart your campaign. I don't know if that will work better, just a thought.

3. AdWords stat reporting is not exactly real time either.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords