AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

my ad shows a wrong phone number. How do I change it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I change a display phone number?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: my ad shows a wrong phone number. How do I change it?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Refer to this link https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en you might get your answer.

Regards

Saurav

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In respect to what sauravchoudhury indicated, you should go to the Campaign, than find in the middle of the screen the green tab entitled "Ad Extension" . At first it shows "View : Location extensions"  , click on that button and select the second option "Call Extensions", then click on the blue edit button, then look in the right side of the screen for the pencil button and choose edit after clicking like in the picture bellow

change-phone-no.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello stephanie t and welcome,

stephanie t wrote:

How do I change a display phone number?

Apart from what has been referred above, if you are using Google forwarding number along with your text ads, then Google is going to allocate it's own forwarding number which will be shown to the users and when users dial that number, the call will be routed to your actual number.

If this is the scenario just in case, then you need to opt out of Google forwarding number and select the second option of having your Business Phone number to be displayed on high end mobile devices.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2382961

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is cleary not the case as it will not allow me to change the phone number keeps sayin invalid input

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google's loss I have stopped running my campaign until I can get the old phone number from one of my ex employees off the ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not allowing me to edit says invalid input and you can't even delete it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thnks... its realy very helpful..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent!!

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.