AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

mobile ads not showing 0 impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up my mobile ad, mobile is definately enabled as the bid reducer is set to -20%

I see some impressions and clicks when I look at the device platform menu.

However for the same campaign when I look at the ads, the one mobile ad I set up has 0 clicks & impressions, where as the other multi platform ads have 1000+ impressions.

Is there a way to ensure that all mobile platform users see the mobile ad only instead of the regular ads?

Or would I have to set up different campaigns (one for mobile and anotehr for tablets + laptops/desktop.

I thought the recent integration was supposed to fix all the messy campaigns for multiple devices & platforms.

Re: mobile ads not showing 0 impressions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Enhanced Campaigns are still sort of in beta...  ugh

Here is my read - you cannot assign an ad to mobile only, only state a preference an you do so with the checkbox in the text ad form.

If you want a mobile only campaign, there is only a workaround available at this point:

If you want to bid X on a mobile bid, set up the bid at .25X, then do a bid adjustment of 300% to get it back to X.

The idea being the bid will be so low on the computer/tablet devices that it will not get impressions. 

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn