AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

mobile ads not showing 0 impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up my mobile ad, mobile is definately enabled as the bid reducer is set to -20%

I see some impressions and clicks when I look at the device platform menu.

However for the same campaign when I look at the ads, the one mobile ad I set up has 0 clicks & impressions, where as the other multi platform ads have 1000+ impressions.

Is there a way to ensure that all mobile platform users see the mobile ad only instead of the regular ads?

Or would I have to set up different campaigns (one for mobile and anotehr for tablets + laptops/desktop.

I thought the recent integration was supposed to fix all the messy campaigns for multiple devices & platforms.

Re: mobile ads not showing 0 impressions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Enhanced Campaigns are still sort of in beta...  ugh

Here is my read - you cannot assign an ad to mobile only, only state a preference an you do so with the checkbox in the text ad form.

If you want a mobile only campaign, there is only a workaround available at this point:

If you want to bid X on a mobile bid, set up the bid at .25X, then do a bid adjustment of 300% to get it back to X.

The idea being the bid will be so low on the computer/tablet devices that it will not get impressions. 

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn