AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

merchant center google apps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Friends, Here is a tough one.

I've got a new client (congrats me) and they already have set up their Adwords account using the Google Apps console, now i wanna set up their PLA, and i can't add the Merchant center to their apps platform, do i need an ID for that? what is it? What do i do now?

Please try to respond immediately.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: merchant center google apps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Handy and welcome aboard!

I got your answer, and it has to do with how the Google Apps is designed.

So, Go to your 'admin console' and click the bar on the bottom which says "More Controls" and you get an icon saying "other Google services" , here's the trick...

By default it is filtered to show only to (so called....) top Google services, and that does not include 'Merchant Center', to change this you have to find the little 'Filter' icon on the top right corner, click on it and you will see that 'show top Google services' is checked, uncheck it and magically... the whole array of lovely Google products is displayed including the Merchant center, Webmaster tools and what not...

Hope they change it soon,

And of course, Hope this helps....

Sincerely,
Jay ('Not on the top' Google Adwords expert Smiley Happy )

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Handy and welcome aboard!

I got your answer, and it has to do with how the Google Apps is designed.

So, Go to your 'admin console' and click the bar on the bottom which says "More Controls" and you get an icon saying "other Google services" , here's the trick...

By default it is filtered to show only to (so called....) top Google services, and that does not include 'Merchant Center', to change this you have to find the little 'Filter' icon on the top right corner, click on it and you will see that 'show top Google services' is checked, uncheck it and magically... the whole array of lovely Google products is displayed including the Merchant center, Webmaster tools and what not...

Hope they change it soon,

And of course, Hope this helps....

Sincerely,
Jay ('Not on the top' Google Adwords expert Smiley Happy )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is sooooooooooooooooo awesome! It took me 5 hours to stumble on this pot and it all works like a charm now. So helpful. Thanks!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Amazing --- thank you! Took me 4hrs of searching to find this answer!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Last July I could not find the Merchant Center anymore, so I quit looking for it. Now I would really like to find it so I can upload my data feed again. I found it once, but now I can't again. Your explanation above says go to your "admin console".....how do I get there? Every since I upgraded to Google Chrome I have not been able to find anything. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

@Filbert F 

You can access your Google Apps account Admin console by going here. In the top right hand corner, click sign in. 

1. In the box, type the domain you have with Google Apps and make sure the Admin Console is selected. 
  2. Then login using your administrator email. 
  3. You should be able to follow the instructions listed in this post.  

Hope that helps.