AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

managing keywords when you have device specific campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I've made a bunch of keyword changes to a campaign that is targeted to desktops. I would like to duplicate these changes across to my mobile specific campaign (this was initially set up with identical keywords/ad groups/ads). Is there an easy way of synchronising keywords across these 2 different campaigns using adwords editor, or another efficient way of trying to keep these campaign keyword lists similar?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: managing keywords when you have device specific campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Just before I speak about duplicating the keywords across different campaigns, I would like to ask you whether you have got the option of upgrading your existing campaigns into Enhanced campaigns?

If yes, then you can simply avoid this process of duplicating the keywords and follow the upgrade guide to switch your campaigns to Enhanced campaign. Doing this will simply target all the devices from within a single campaign and you can make the bid adjustments for mobile devices separately.

I would definitely suggest you to first read all the guidelines before you proceed because once you switch to enhanced, you won't be able to revert back to legacy settings.

You can download the enhanced campaign guide here:

http://www.google.com/adwords/enhancedcampaigns/resources/

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Just before I speak about duplicating the keywords across different campaigns, I would like to ask you whether you have got the option of upgrading your existing campaigns into Enhanced campaigns?

If yes, then you can simply avoid this process of duplicating the keywords and follow the upgrade guide to switch your campaigns to Enhanced campaign. Doing this will simply target all the devices from within a single campaign and you can make the bid adjustments for mobile devices separately.

I would definitely suggest you to first read all the guidelines before you proceed because once you switch to enhanced, you won't be able to revert back to legacy settings.

You can download the enhanced campaign guide here:

http://www.google.com/adwords/enhancedcampaigns/resources/

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Unfortunately I don't have the option of the enhanced service on this campaign yet, but hopefully I will soon!

thanks

Charlie

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Charlie,

As per Google announcement, they plan to upgrade all the campaigns in middle of 2013, so that means by June. March has already started, so I think that you should be getting this option very soon. 

In the meantime to get as much mobile traffic as possible, you can go for a separate mobile targeting campaign. You can use Adwords Editor for that purpose: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375449

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I already have a mobile campaign (as stated in my question) What I want to know is, is there an easy way of transferring keyword changes (deletions/additions, match type changes etc) from my desktop campaign to my mobile campaign, or do I need to go through the whole process again on my mobile campaign? I could just delete my mobile keywords and copy the entire desktop keyword slection across again, but this seems like overkill...