AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

managed placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to copy websites from the automatic placements detail reportto a managed placement campiagn however when I copy the websites that are listed I keep getting an error "Placement URLs must be provided in a valid URL format."  Can anyone shed some light on how I can copy the converting websites to a managed campaign.

Ex. of URL getting an error report

dailytradealert.com/2013/04/14/these-two-gold-stocks-are-screaming-buys

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: managed placements

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Paul and welcome to the Community.  This problem was discussed a while back and the solution suggested there was that the URL cannot contain paths such as the one you showed in your post:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/URL-Exclusion-ERROR/td-p/62186

I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug.  Can you try adding just the domain, i.e. dailytradealert.com, and see if that works?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hey Jon,
dailytradealert.com does work. I was trying to pinpoint the exact page where the conversion was coming from.
thanks for you help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
same issue when trying to target very specific pages within various websites. ie..
www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2013/mar/09/tibetan-mastiff-in-pictures

but if I add a .htm or .html to the end of the url it accepts it... hmmm... makes me sad.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Paul,

Have you tried adding http or www to the URL?

I guess this should help.

Kapil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm trying this as a workaround. The page that I'm trying to target redirects /article.tml automatically to /article. Hope it will work.