AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

locked out of client account, he's running my ads and has tax info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client used my account and password to lock me out of my account.

It was an account that was used for him for years, I paid the bills, and he paid me.  So for starters, I need the tax info from the account.

When I quit serving him, I started running my own ads.  He hired an IT guy to help him.

I started running my own ads on the account.  The account was in my name/email, after all.

His IT guy quit mid job, and never got the adwords campaigns.

Rather than ask me for help, or for the files, or for the account...the client used my password to access the account, and locked me out.

He is currently running my ads, with his phone number.  This is very damaging to my business, and to my clients.

I am not sure if adwords is picking a higher dollar client, or if the adwords/my-buiness/places mess is simply too tangled, but they are less than helpful, to say the least.

I got a 3am call from an adwords supervisor ( i was sleeping), and a email Friday morning saying 'sorry we missed you, we have no incoming calls, please be patient'.

I am willing to accept any reasonable solution, but ths has been well over a week now, and my business is VERY time sensitive (liquidations, building cleanouts).

I have already lost clients.  The client is running my comany ads with his phone #.

To me, this is an emergency.  Is there ANY way to get IMMEDIATE help without progressing to lawyers.

My client has NO CLUE how to fix this himself, and adwords incommunicado has escalated the situation to a point where I may not be able to communicate with my ex-client.

I am willing to accept any reasonable solution, my ex-client has no idea what he is doing, and adwords doesn't appear to want to help.

Any solutions or help is appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: locked out of client account, he's running my ads and has tax info

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello Benjamin N,

Please make sure that you've filled this form https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/thirdparty_complaint

Hope adwords team will solve your problem.
Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello Benjamin N,

Please make sure that you've filled this form https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/thirdparty_complaint

Hope adwords team will solve your problem.
Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you alexey,
I will fill this out, if it comes to that.
I was hoping for a more immediate solution.
I think the client will accept all of the options I offer, but the account is too complicated for him to naviagate.
I also think since 'place' became 'my business', it's all entangled in 'adwords express', which is tied into adwords.
I think only technical support can fix this. I think this particular support team lacks the ability to or desire to fix this problem.
Hoping to find a higher-up, beyond the supervisor who called me at 3am. There's more to the issue, but if the support team that I have been communicating with represents all of adwords, and there is no possible higher up, I fear legal action is my only immediate relief or protection.

Is Google's legal department the only higher-up after adwords supervisor?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Benjamin N;

Here is Google's official stand on the subject;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Account-Hijacking-policy-update/m...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’