AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

location extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I´ve got problem setting the Location extensions. We´ve got offices in different countries, we have linked Places with our accounts, but we see that the extensions are wrong. For example, if a user coming from France types study English in London, the ad contains the location extension of our office in London, while we need it to show the office in France. Do you know if we can fix it somehow directly in Places or shall we put all the extensions manually? We have over 30 offices around the world and a lot of Adwords accounts, so I think that manually adding them would be a lot of time... Do you know an easier way?

Thanks a lot!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: location extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per my understanding, location extension works the same way how Google shows ads to the users online. The criteria could be identifying the IP address where the user is physically located or the user searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location.

I would suggest you to check the advanced location settings of your campaign and see which settings have you applied because I think that those settings will be matched with your location extension as well while showing the addresses to the users online when they are looking at your ads.

Apart from this, you could try location extension at the ad group level as well for precise targeting.

Try increasing the bid for particular location and see if it influences your location extensions or not. 

Also try targeting ads around your location extension and see if that reduces this issue which you are facing.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per my understanding, location extension works the same way how Google shows ads to the users online. The criteria could be identifying the IP address where the user is physically located or the user searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location.

I would suggest you to check the advanced location settings of your campaign and see which settings have you applied because I think that those settings will be matched with your location extension as well while showing the addresses to the users online when they are looking at your ads.

Apart from this, you could try location extension at the ad group level as well for precise targeting.

Try increasing the bid for particular location and see if it influences your location extensions or not. 

Also try targeting ads around your location extension and see if that reduces this issue which you are facing.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Thanks a lot! I also added a filter to the location extensions to target people in the country I selected. I will keep you updated with the result!

Best,

Desislava