AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

location extensions, multiple cities, how does that work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who has 17 different locations all over the country.  All I read about when I read about multiple location extensions is examples where someone may have several stores within the same city and close to the users physical location, and in this case they would be shown all the local stores.

My question is, if I am setting up a general branding campaign which is targeting the whole country, if I add in all of the locations from Google Places, will the user just automatically be shown the location extension for the city which is closest to them, or would it be best to set up individual campaigns for each of the 17 cities in which they are based?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: location extensions, multiple cities, how does that work?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

I think both the options available as a solution for your question.

Have a look on below article regarding multiple location extensions in desktop devices

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2010/07/all-things-local-location-extensions.html

This article mention that in a desktop device Showing multiple addresses that are relevant to a potential customer's location (up to four at a time);

Also this article mention about the multiple location extension featured focused to Mobile devices

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2010/09/location-extensions-with-multiple.html

for my understanding using multiple location extension should be fine with your question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had same issue and still do - kind of ridiculous only one account per email. My client shared and i acked but now when i go to adwords using that email it tries to set me up with a NEW account and also at the same time gives me the error "account is used on another account" - no kidding but how do i switch over to view my clients adwords....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nobody has answered your question. I have the same question. We have 70+ locations all over Australia. I want to (as is possible on Facebook) create ONE ad that will dynamically insert the {city} in to the ad copy depending on IP and geo targeting pulled from my Google Place (now My Business data) depending on the searcher's location/geo profile.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Note to @Sean G 

This thread - which has been inactive since 2014 - will be closed to new replies shortly.

We would ask that you please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.