AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

location bids adjustment stacking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey

let's say if i bid -10% for us and -20% for georgia

will the bid at georgia will be *0.8 or *0.9*0.8

Do the adjustments stack across locations or it takes the most accurate one.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: location bids adjustment stacking

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV , if I am allowed to offer an alternative input to the problem , with all good intentions, I have been reading this article : link

Please search in page for  "It’s OK to set overlapping location targets with bid adjustments. We’ll only apply the most specific location bid adjustment." , it gives an example of the override for Canada and Montreal.

I am having trouble selecting the updated information, could you help please ? 

I would select the option "the bid at georgia will be *0.8" , but I am not sure, this is why I love the forum for the power of brainstorming in a peaceful and elegant manner.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Alex,

I believe its an override not a stacking function for two locations. So Georgia would be a straight -20%. But if you did a -10% mobile and -20% for Georgia, then mobile Georgia bids would be either -27% or -30% (i'm not sure if the multiple them together or add them)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

They are multiplied;

Check this article by Jon ( @Jon_Gritton ) about this topic;

Enhanced Campaign Location Bid Adjustments

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV , if I am allowed to offer an alternative input to the problem , with all good intentions, I have been reading this article : link

Please search in page for  "It’s OK to set overlapping location targets with bid adjustments. We’ll only apply the most specific location bid adjustment." , it gives an example of the override for Canada and Montreal.

I am having trouble selecting the updated information, could you help please ? 

I would select the option "the bid at georgia will be *0.8" , but I am not sure, this is why I love the forum for the power of brainstorming in a peaceful and elegant manner.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Well.... I read the answer and not the question... Smiley Embarassed.The answer by @JeremyL referred to a combination of location and device;

It seems that the original question was about location only. And in this case,  (similar to palcments targeting ) the bid for the more specific location applies.- You are correct.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for explaining, I wasn't aware about what was the sentence. I think there are advertisers in some countries that only have country targeting, they would wish to have a bidding overlap at city level to talk about Smiley Happy

I don't think there is an easy right or wrong since we are all bombarded with updates, there is only a collective effort to bring the most updated information to the surface if possible. I understand now a lot better how to use the English language to send an idea to avoid arising any tensions. Thank you for deleting the spammers so quickly.