AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

keywords not showing (other)

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

looking at a campaign right now, and i have a whole ad group full of keywords which when I run ad diagnosis come up showing "not showing (other)".

I have no idea what this means. There is no obvious reason for it to be happening, the whole ad group of keywords has the issue though...

The ads also say not showing and give no reason. What on earth is going on?

Re: keywords not showing (other)

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I have checked across the MCC and it seems to be happening in all of the accounts!!?? I click on an ad group, run a keyword diagnosis and on every one I have tried (randomly) the same thing happens.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abbie,

If it is happening across your whole MCC the first thing I would consider is a billing error of some sort. Have you had a look at your billing to ensure that everything is right in that regards?

Good Luck

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Abbie,

Hope you are not violating Adwords policies.

If this is the case in complete MCC, i would recommend you to contact Google support ASAP.

Thanks

Kushal

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi All,

Have clarified it is an issue with Billing! So thankfully nothing to do with me! now my issue is trying to optimize the remaining active accounts as much as possible while the issue is resolved by Google! So if anyone has any advice on SPEED optimizing to try and reduce losses as much as I can that would be great.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abbie,
Are you sure your Ads are opted into the Google Search Network, and not just the Google Display Network? To see:
1. Log into your AdWords Account
2. Click on one of your Campaigns
3. Click on the Settings tab
4. Scroll down to where it says Networks

Here you can see what Networks you're targeting. If you're targeting only the Display Network, you won't see your Ads via the Keyword Diagnosis tool.

Also, are you sure your Ads are active and approved and do not contain any Trademarks?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abbie,

Glad that the issue was resolved.

It is hard to say what exactly will be the best approach with regards to speed optimisations. If you looking at reducing 'wasted spend' then the largest and fastest gains will be made with negative Keywords. Use the SQR to determine where a large portion of yourmoney is going that is not relevant to each account.

Another area that is quick to look at and limit spend/ control CPA more strictly would be throughad scheduling. Have a look at your account by day of the week and hour of the day and determine the best times/days for your ads to be running. If you are using CPA optimiser then bid adjustments by time are automaticly adjusted by adwords for you, but you can still limit when the ads will show. So consider not showing at certain hours of the day and maybe not even on certain days. If you are not using CPA optimiser then you will be able to adjust the bids by percentage by day/hour.

Those are probably the best place to start with regards to controlling spend and ensuring that your money is getting spent correctly.

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

Good Luck