AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

keywords in different campaigns are conflicting with each other?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Hope all are doing good. I have an account of t-shirt printing with four campaigns of two display and two search network. I have divided the search network campaigns into t-shirt printing and camp t-shirt printing. The entirely two different campaigns with different budget, ads and almost keywords. But when i check keywords with diagnosis keyword tool some of the keywords conflicting with other campaign keywords. 

I want to know, can the keywords in different campaigns conflict each other? If the keywords in different campaigns can conflict each other then does the strategy of targeting different countries with different campaigns using same ads and keywords is profitable or not?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandeep Kumar
September 2015

Re: keywords in different campaigns are conflicting with each other?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

If you are creating same campaigns with different locations, then there is no point of competing since you have separate locations targeting 2 unique campaigns i.e. US and Canada.

However, I still believe that you should create specific tailored ads for Canada and specific ads for US if your product has got some special offers for both countries audiences. Just a suggestion.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

This situation comes up when you have keyword match type which is broad enough to trigger your ad from a different ad group or campaign having a similar type of keyword. That's the reason advertisers use embedded negative keywords at ad group or campaign level so that the ad which you want to get triggered from one ad group is being shown and not the other one.

I would also encourage you to read this particular article where Adwords explains how similar keywords match to different search terms: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

thanks for participating. I glad to see your response. Pankaj in this case what will happen if i set two campaigns with same keywords, ads, product, website but different targeted location. Like i am running a campaign of t-shirt printing which is targeting US and Canada audience and i am planning to build up two different campaigns of one targeting to US and other to Canada with same ads and keywords. What will happen in this case?

Thanks
Sandeep Kumar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandeep Kumar
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

If you are creating same campaigns with different locations, then there is no point of competing since you have separate locations targeting 2 unique campaigns i.e. US and Canada.

However, I still believe that you should create specific tailored ads for Canada and specific ads for US if your product has got some special offers for both countries audiences. Just a suggestion.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sandeep,

Like Pankaj said that match types might be a factor for the conflict.

If you are having a keywords for example [print angry bird tshirts] as exact in an adgroup and "print tshirts" or +print +tshirt as broad in an adgroup then both compete with each other. As the ad can get triggered from either of the keywords possibly more from Broad and hence it will incur you more CPC.

So what you can do is you can add [print angry birds tshirt] as exact negative in the Broad adgroup so that it doesnt conflict with each other.

And when you have same Campaign , adgroup and keywords for different targeted locations it wont conflict with each other.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Gurpreet Singh

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks gurpreet for replying.

Okay i get it that two campaigns with different locations but same keywords, adgroups wouldn't be conflict but i have one more question.

I want to run a campaign with different budget but same targeted location with slice change in ads and using some good performing keywords of existing campaign. What will happen with this?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sandeep,

If you are using existing campaign targeting and performing keywords and creating a new campaign out of it with different budget and ad copies , it will still conflict.

What you can do is that in the same campaign pause the not so performing keywords and run variation of ads to see which ad performs better for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Gurpreet Singh