AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

keyterms with inches as "

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am not sure if this is ok - Is double quotes used as inches, as in 3.5" (3 and half inches) ok within keywords.  

Looking to add numerous modifed broads such as

+caster +8"  -- Will this keyterm for the search term? --  8" caster wheels

+caster +1/2"  -- Will this keyterm show for the search term? --  3 1/2" caster wheels

I assume it will, but i want to confirm.

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: keyterms with inches as "

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PPCBUILDERS,

There are certain symbols allowed and some symbols, operators are not allowed while building the keywords list inside Adwords. Please see below quoted from Adwords help center which says:

You can use two symbols, ampersands (&) and accent marks (á), in your keywords. We'll consider keywords with these symbols as two different keywords, like sidewalk cafe and sidewalk café.

Here are some of the symbols that our system doesn't recognize:

• Ignored symbols: You can add periods (.) or dashes (-) to your keywords, but we'll ignore this punctuation. That means we'll consider the keywords Fifth Ave. and Fifth Ave, for example, identical keywords.
  • Invalid symbols: You'll see an error message if you add keywords that contain certain symbols. Some of the symbols that can't be used in your keywords are: , ! @ % ^ * () = {} ; ~ ` <> ? \ |
  • Search operators: We'll remove the "site:" operator from your keywords. That means if you add the keyword [site:www.example.com dark chocolate], we'll consider it the same as [dark chocolate].

As you can see inches " is not been referred to anywhere above. Hence I believe it should be allowed if you add it in your account.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi PPCBuilders,

Periods (.) or dashes (-) are ignored. You can't use the symbols : , ! @ % ^ * () = {} ; ~ ` <> ? \ | in your keywords.

3 1/2" caster wheels - your keywords are okay because speach marks (") are allowed. Users can, of course, read them as inches too. 

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PPCBUILDERS,

There are certain symbols allowed and some symbols, operators are not allowed while building the keywords list inside Adwords. Please see below quoted from Adwords help center which says:

You can use two symbols, ampersands (&) and accent marks (á), in your keywords. We'll consider keywords with these symbols as two different keywords, like sidewalk cafe and sidewalk café.

Here are some of the symbols that our system doesn't recognize:

• Ignored symbols: You can add periods (.) or dashes (-) to your keywords, but we'll ignore this punctuation. That means we'll consider the keywords Fifth Ave. and Fifth Ave, for example, identical keywords.
  • Invalid symbols: You'll see an error message if you add keywords that contain certain symbols. Some of the symbols that can't be used in your keywords are: , ! @ % ^ * () = {} ; ~ ` <> ? \ |
  • Search operators: We'll remove the "site:" operator from your keywords. That means if you add the keyword [site:www.example.com dark chocolate], we'll consider it the same as [dark chocolate].

As you can see inches " is not been referred to anywhere above. Hence I believe it should be allowed if you add it in your account.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi PPCBuilders,

Periods (.) or dashes (-) are ignored. You can't use the symbols : , ! @ % ^ * () = {} ; ~ ` <> ? \ | in your keywords.

3 1/2" caster wheels - your keywords are okay because speach marks (") are allowed. Users can, of course, read them as inches too. 

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys, thanks so much...

/doug

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn