AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

just switch to Search Network with Display Select

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just switch my campigns to the new Search Network with Display Select... I am doing 10% of my normal traffic, and pay 10 times more per click... what did i do wrong? I did not change anything like google suggested. How can I fix this? Can This Be fixed.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: just switch to Search Network with Display Select

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Christine,

It's recommended to have separate campaigns for search and display network to set different budget for each network and apply different strategy for each campaign.

I know some people see it less complicated and save time to run one campaign, but in fact it makes things more complicated than have separate campaigns, so separate your campaigns and I am sure you will see the difference.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
To me it sounds that you should split the campaigns, and open a separate campaign for the  display network;
The algorithm of search and display select has changed and is more "inclined" towards a direct response; and budget constraint advertisers. 

Read more:
Search Network With Display Select – Should Small Businesses Use It
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Search-Network-With-Display-Select-Should-Smal...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Christine,

It's recommended to have separate campaigns for search and display network to set different budget for each network and apply different strategy for each campaign.

I know some people see it less complicated and save time to run one campaign, but in fact it makes things more complicated than have separate campaigns, so separate your campaigns and I am sure you will see the difference.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
To me it sounds that you should split the campaigns, and open a separate campaign for the  display network;
The algorithm of search and display select has changed and is more "inclined" towards a direct response; and budget constraint advertisers. 

Read more:
Search Network With Display Select – Should Small Businesses Use It
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Search-Network-With-Display-Select-Should-Smal...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’