AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

is this destination url syntax correct for Ifmobile:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

http://{ifmobile:www.blahblahblah.com/mobile/offers}{ifnotmobile:www.blahblahblah.com/desk/offer}

I use Conversion Optimizer on Display campaigns and it is not splitting my mobile and desktop correctly.

I need this ifmobile syntax to work.

Adwords doesn't reject this destination URL but I need to be sure the syntax is correct.

When I paste it into a browser it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help.

- Brandon

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon K
September 2015

Re: is this destination url syntax correct for Ifmobile:

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brandon,

The destination URL appears correct. If you paste it into a browser, it's not going to work. The ifmobile and ifnotmobile are interpreted by the AdWords system, not by your browser.

What do you mean "it is not splitting my mobile and desktop correctly"? You're getting mobile traffic on your desktop site and desktop traffic on the mobile site?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brandon,

The destination URL appears correct. If you paste it into a browser, it's not going to work. The ifmobile and ifnotmobile are interpreted by the AdWords system, not by your browser.

What do you mean "it is not splitting my mobile and desktop correctly"? You're getting mobile traffic on your desktop site and desktop traffic on the mobile site?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Brandon K ! Welcome to the Community,

Yes your syntax is correct except in the destination URL you do not need to put the HTTP:// 

You can also read an example from the AdWords Blog here : link

So just use :

{ifmobile:www.blahblahblah.com/mobile/offers}{ifnotmobile:www.blahblahblah.com/desk/offer}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, desktop traffic is getting sent to a mobile landing page. I want to use this url structure as the solution.

This will solve that problem correct?