AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

in which case show app extension

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there

I just added app extension for my platform campaign yesterday and the result is not good, almost no impression, i want to know in which case the app extension can be shown?  

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: in which case show app extension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If you added the App Extension yesterday only, then it would be too early to predict the performance of this extension.

Is your App Extension approved or not?

You also need to make sure that your app is live in either Google Play store or Apple app store which you want to link with your text ads.

I would suggest you to give this extension sometime till it accrues more data in terms of impressions, clicks etc and then later you should analyse the performance stats for your App extension. Read this help center reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2402582?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your useful answer, just one more thing, in which case APP extension will be shown? it won't be shown everytime with my ads, will it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

This will depend upon how well your ad is placed in the search results. Main factor would be Ad Rank. It also depends upon how relevant it will be for AdWords to show app extension based on the users search query.

I hope this helps!
Pankaj

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Han,

Pankaj is correct about that one - the system will show the extensions that are most likely to result in a click. 

Mobile App Extension serving is dynamic and will be auto-optimized based on what extensions will provide the best experience for Google users.  

Also, as far as I'm aware, Mobile App extensions can now co-trigger with all extensions, except for sitelinks. 

I hope this helps! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thanks a lot Rachel!!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
That helps me a lot, thank you very much Pankaj