AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

importing expandable video ad into adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think it's possible to use an expandable ad in Adwords to show a remarketting list audience, but I'm not sure how to get my ad into Adwords or if I'm doing it the right way..

I have been creating an html 5 ad in the Google Web Designer application (its a 970 x 250 ad which expands to show a video) and publishing locally, resulting in a .zip file.

I'm attempting to upload by making an ad..

• Ad +
  • Image ad
  • Upload an Ad

then adding the zip file, which results in a file too large error. i would half expect this for something containing video.

Is it a case of trying to compress further? am I trying to add in the wrong place? can any ad created in Google Web Designer be imported into adwords?

Many Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

importing expandable video ad into adwords

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi John,

Thanks for posting to the Community. All ads created in Google Web Designer cannot necessarily be uploaded into AdWords. For example, GWD ads can also be used for DoubleClick ad serving.

It sounds like you're following the right steps in terms of uploading the ad, but that the ad is still too large. When you created the ad in GWD, did you specify that this was for the "AdWords environment" (see the section HTML5 ads created in Google Web Designer here)? Choosing that option should ensure that the ad is fully compatible with AdWords.

Cassie