AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

import business data into adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have business data that I would like to import into adwords from another source.   It's economic data like cancels, bad debt, fraud orders, etc that factor into how much I can bid on keywords and ad groups. 

I would like to import it and store it in my ad groups to use as a factor on my bids.

I can't seem to locate a way to do this.   Is it possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: import business data into adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

What is the actual purpose of importing this data?

I am not sure but are you referring to Business data feed here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072708?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We sell magazine subscriptions. About 1000 total. We have to pay the publisher a remit $$ (commission) on these magazines. some are much higher than others, and it affects how high I can bid on that magazine. Some magazines have a higher cancel rate than others. We also offer a payment plan and some magazines have higher bad debt.
We are also in direct mail, so there are many economic factors that play into our bidding. Right now we download data from various sources and marry them together. If I could import this data into a adwords, it would take care of a lot of manual labor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike B, I would recommend to integrate your CRM with Google Analytics so you can find origin of actual sales rather than just leads.
You will extract data from the GA tracking cookies and add it to a lead generation form to make needed decisions.

Also you can import cost data in Analytics. Please refer to this article on last point https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2803329?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
As far as I know, you can import data inside AdWords which is limited to offline conversions, importing Google Analytics stats into AdWords account. Apart from this you will have to correlate the data manually using some spread sheet or excel sheet as per your understanding of the metrics.

My thoughts!
Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have 1000 ad groups, one for each magazine, with may keywords for each. For each magazine (ad group) I have many metrics (stored offline) that we use. Because we are a subscription business, we have customers renew on a yearly basis. Some magazines renew better than others (ie make us more money)...like Sports Illustrated, wall street journal, readers digest, etc so the lifetime value of these magazines is much higher than a magazine like Playboy. All I would need is a user field in adwords where I can store some of these metrics that would be used to determine how much I can bid on keywords in that ad group (magazine). I just don't see a generic field for a user to import this information, directly in adwords. Am I correct?