AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

iOS App Install campaigns in Display Network but NOT in mobile apps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm trying to run a campaign for iOS app installs that excludes mobile apps and only runs on the Display Network - ie mobile websites and YouTube.

I'm not clear whether I can do this with a 'display network only - mobile app installs' campaign or with an all features display campaign with mobile bid adjustments and device targeting.

There doesn't appear to be any non-mobile app display network topic, keyword or placement targeting in 'display network only - mobile app installs' campaigns so I'm assuming it isn't possible in this type of campaign? 

I've tried achieving this with an all features campaign but my ads were unapproved due to URL errors. I set it up using deep links though our 3rd party analytics (Adjust).

Appreciate any insight here. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan A
December 2015

Re: iOS App Install campaigns in Display Network but NOT in mobile app

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. I had included this exclusion.

It turns out that I was using the wrong tracking template and final url in the campaign.

It appears you can use a non app install campaign to run app install ads. This has the bonus of being able to use the automatic ad creator to create mGDN ads which isn't available in app install campaigns.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you exclude adsenseformobileapps.com ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan A
December 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. I had included this exclusion.

It turns out that I was using the wrong tracking template and final url in the campaign.

It appears you can use a non app install campaign to run app install ads. This has the bonus of being able to use the automatic ad creator to create mGDN ads which isn't available in app install campaigns.