AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

i have a ad campaign that i want to change to its own campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is there an easy way to do this and keep all the details

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael T
July 2016

Re: i have a ad campaign that i want to change to its own campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Michael T

do you mean you are wanting to pull an ad group out of a campaign for the purpose of creating a separate campaign just for it?

If so, you can copy and paste the existing campaign, delete the other ad groups in the new campaign that is created, and rename it accordingly.  All your keywords, and ads will be there.   The historical data will not be.  There is no way to transfer that. You can pause this ad group in the old campaign so that you can check the historical data when needed.

If not, can you please expand on your question?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael T
July 2016

Re: i have a ad campaign that i want to change to its own campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Michael T

do you mean you are wanting to pull an ad group out of a campaign for the purpose of creating a separate campaign just for it?

If so, you can copy and paste the existing campaign, delete the other ad groups in the new campaign that is created, and rename it accordingly.  All your keywords, and ads will be there.   The historical data will not be.  There is no way to transfer that. You can pause this ad group in the old campaign so that you can check the historical data when needed.

If not, can you please expand on your question?

how can I copy ad campaigns

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am changing an ad group into an ad campaign, I am told to copy ad campaigns then delete other ad groups. I was also told there is no way to keep the stats. I do not know how to copy ad campaign

NOTE: This post has been moved by a Community Manager from a second thread, into this earlier thread on the same subject.

This is done to prevent the confusion and duplication of effort that duplicate threads on the same subject can cause. Thank you for your understanding.

Re: how can I copy ad campaigns

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Michael T

Select the check box beside the campaign.  At the top of the campaign list you should see a button labeled "Edit."  Clicking on it will bring up a dropdown menu.  Select copy, and then paste.