AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to use old analytic data for re-marketing ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends ,

I hope you all are fine .

I have a question about google analytic and google adwords .

How we use old analytics data for remarketing ?

May i use google analytic past data for remarketing ?

plz give me some tips for that . 

Thanks,

Arvind

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arvind_Sharma
September 2015

Re: how to use old analytic data for re-marketing ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Arvind,
Welcome to the community.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you use AdWords remarketing over GA remarketing. GA remarketing can cause a lot of problems with UA and upgrading and is not as flexible as AdWords. If you have not already, I wouldn't even enable it in GA. Once you do, you can't go back. While GA offers some much cooler segmenting options, it's not as reliable in my experience. It WILL get better and I believe it JUST came out of beta, but I'd stick with AdWords for now.

Unfortunately, there's no way to use past GA data for remarketing. You need to update your privacy policy to use remarketing at all and previous visitors to your site wouldn't have known about this. Privacy policies are not retroactive. You're just going to have to start from scratch.

Please note that you'll need a minimum of 100 cookies/people in your list in GA for it to be usable too.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arvind_Sharma
September 2015

Re: how to use old analytic data for re-marketing ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Arvind,
Welcome to the community.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you use AdWords remarketing over GA remarketing. GA remarketing can cause a lot of problems with UA and upgrading and is not as flexible as AdWords. If you have not already, I wouldn't even enable it in GA. Once you do, you can't go back. While GA offers some much cooler segmenting options, it's not as reliable in my experience. It WILL get better and I believe it JUST came out of beta, but I'd stick with AdWords for now.

Unfortunately, there's no way to use past GA data for remarketing. You need to update your privacy policy to use remarketing at all and previous visitors to your site wouldn't have known about this. Privacy policies are not retroactive. You're just going to have to start from scratch.

Please note that you'll need a minimum of 100 cookies/people in your list in GA for it to be usable too.

Hope that helps.