AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to target a specific language speaking community in united states?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need to target a specific language speaking community in united states irrespective of the language of sites they use.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Dinesh,

Is it regarding the display advertising or the search advertising?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Archit, 

Thanks for the response. Trying to setup display campaign.

Thanks,

Re: how to target a specific language speaking community in united states?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Dinesh M

If you select the campaign name (on the left hand side in AdWords) and go to settings> all settings, you can edit the 'Language' of that campaign and select which languages you wish to target. It says in AdWords, "This setting determines whether your ad can show for a specific language setting on Google. Note that AdWords doesn't translate your ads." So you will have to translate your own ads into the targeted language. I have posted pictures below:

Step 1 and 2.pngStep 3.pngFinal Step.JPG

I hope this helps!

Jillian

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The key here is how Google interprets the user spoken language;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722078?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Jillian. But the language[Tamil] I am trying to target is not available on this list. Also, if we target these language, then it will show ads only on the sites with that language. What I am trying to target is, particular language speaking community visiting any sites.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

You're going to have a tough time getting exactly what you want.

Remarketing would probably be your surest path of targeting that audience. You have to get them to the site first to get them in the list of course, but perhaps the value visits are not the first visits to the site. If the audience only speaks/reads one language, that's the language they will be searching in, and visiting placements in the language of. Regardless of language settings, or language targeting. (Make sure you select "All Languages" in your campaign settings. Read the link Moshe posted!)

So, target Tamil keywords, and ads in the Tamil language. You may want to try a search with display select campaign, so you can get even more potential audience members, and targeting data. Mine your placement reports so you know which sites have the largest Tamil speaking audience, and make sure you target that/those sites as managed placements. Get those users into your remarketing list, then refine and focus your remarketing efforts towards conversions.

Tom