AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to schedule start date & end date of any specific ad copy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit K
September 2015

Re: how to schedule start date & end date of any specific ad copy?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Amit,

In addition to what Jon said above, you could also use automated rules to resume or pause ads for specific time period depending upon various factors. You could find examples in the below reference:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en&ref_topic=1713955

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amit, welcome to the forum.

The easiest way to do this is to put the relevant Ads into a Campaign of their own, since Campaigns have options for start and end times.

It may be possible to also use Scripts and Labels to start and stop Ads with a specific label at specific times; I'd have to look into it.

If you have some JavaScript experience you might want to take a look yourself.  Here's a reasonable place to start:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/tutorials/labeling

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Amit,

In addition to what Jon said above, you could also use automated rules to resume or pause ads for specific time period depending upon various factors. You could find examples in the below reference:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en&ref_topic=1713955

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit,

I hope you have completed the task in hand by now.

It is very simple to add a rule based on various factors, I have added on "Text" "including" "Exact Text" and scheduled for ending on specific dates. 

You can do the same [switch to OLD Adwords interface and go to campaigns > bulk operations > ads > and create rules based on the selection menu.

Please Note: I am not able to find that option in the new interface - as of "6 Mar 2018". 

Cheers

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved in 2013.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.