AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to run only on mobile search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am curious why when I try to do a mobile campaign in search (app install sending to Google Play)

- search network only

- all features

I cannot exclude desktops ?

I can target with keywords, which is what i want but :

Although I create ad for apps and only android I end up with 90% of clicks from device : desktop

Not logical at all ?

The only thing I found was to go in the display network and create text ads in app, however no keyword targetng is possible .

Anyone knows how to target mobile search or exclude the desktop traffic ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how to run only on mobile search

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nicolas,

In fact you can't set a campaign just to target mobile. It used to be available prior to the introduction of enhanced campaigns.

The way to do is combining big adjustment and setting ads for "Mobile".

Remember to set your bids for manual and make it a very low bid (you'll be able to add up to 300% on top of that bid).

Go to Campaign - Settings - Devices to set your bid adjustment and you'll be able to put up to +300% on mobile. Do the math to achieve your desired bid.

When creating a text ad you'll see "Mobile" as a ticking option. Tick it for all your ads.

Hope this helps
Diogo

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nicolas,

In fact you can't set a campaign just to target mobile. It used to be available prior to the introduction of enhanced campaigns.

The way to do is combining big adjustment and setting ads for "Mobile".

Remember to set your bids for manual and make it a very low bid (you'll be able to add up to 300% on top of that bid).

Go to Campaign - Settings - Devices to set your bid adjustment and you'll be able to put up to +300% on mobile. Do the math to achieve your desired bid.

When creating a text ad you'll see "Mobile" as a ticking option. Tick it for all your ads.

Hope this helps
Diogo

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As I believe that the question was strictly about a special type of search campaign, which is targeted to app installs, and this one can show only on mobiles I want to offer the following advice : 

Reading from here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549053?hl=en

what you are experiencing should not be happening if all the settings of the campaign are correct because :

How app promotion ads work

App promotion ads link directly to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, making it a cinch for people to download your app.

These ads are smart: they’re designed to show on devices where they’ll have the most impact. When you set up a new campaign with only app promotion ads, your ads show only on phones and tablets (not on desktop computers). You can also choose to display your ads on mobile phones only.

• Ads for Android apps only show on Android devices, and iTunes apps only show on iOS devices
  • On Search campaigns, ads for tablet apps exclude mobile phones automatically "

Please review the setup steps specified in the help page, after creating a Search campaign, all features :

Quote :

"  Create your ad group

1. Name your ad group and choose App / digital content ad.
  2. Enter keywords that people looking for your app might use. Learn more about how to choose good keywords.
  3. Set a default bid, and click Save and continue to billing or Set up billing later.

Make an app promotion ad

1. After completing your billing preferences (if necessary), you’ll be directed to create your ad. Click the “App promotion ad” template.
  2. See further directions in “Find your app” (under “Create an app promotion ad”) below.  "