AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to divert 50-50% traffic with 4 ads in ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In one Search Campaign, i am having 10 adgroups and per adgroup 2 ad copy running with same url & now i am looking to include 2 more ads but with different url having slight change in title or content for test so that i can divert 50% traffic to old ad copy and rest 50% traffic to new adcopy per ad group. So now there would be 2 url's per adgroup and 4 Ad Copies.

I am confused with way to start this, should i just choose "Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize" this option in Ad Rotation tab or have to use experiment setting as i've to do this for entire campaign. Plz guide.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arjun M
September 2015

Re: how to divert 50-50% traffic with 4 ads in ad group

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

0HI Arjun,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So in campaign setting choose experiment - 50-50% control and experiment.
Now in each ad group - choose old ad copies as control and new ad copies as experiment and by following this to all ad groups can't I get what I want.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you set the two old ads in Control only and Two new ads in Experiment only. Will not distribute the traffic Equally,

But the new ads will get the equal traffic among.

Let's say:-If you set the 50-50% Experiment in campaigns.And the ad group have received 2000 impression.
1.) you keep control in two old ads:-A and B.
2.) but set the experiment in Two new ads:-C and D

So here 1000 impression will be distributed among the first set of ads:-A and B.
and next 1000 impression will be distributed among C and D equally.

Hope your doubt is clearedSmiley Happy

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Arjun,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So now there would be 2 url's per adgroup and 4 Ad Copies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You can not use the two different domain URL in one ad group. AdWords allow you to use the single domain in one AdGroup. You can only use the different domain url with single domain for example:-
example.com/abc+xyz
example.com/abc_pqr
xyz-mnp.example.com

you can not use
example1.com/abc+pqr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am confused with way to start this, should i just choose "Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize" this option in Ad Rotation tab or have to use experiment setting as i've to do this for entire campaign. Plz guide.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, if you want to distribute your traffic to each ads, you can set the "Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize" in your campaigns setting.

[Edit]:- But setting the "Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize" in your campaigns does not guarantee you each ads will get 25% of total traffic. As ads auctions and quality score calculated each time when it enters the bidding auctions. Thus it the chances that the Ads that makes good quality score and relevancy will appear the ads on real time.

Also remember the Display URL CTR also impact on your quality score. So the higher the CTR of the Display URL of the ads will win the Ad auction on the real time.Thus the Choosing this setting does not distribute your ads impression equally.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your your valuable suggestion. For the first part, I am using same domain.
For second query, I was juss going through ACE documentation, juss had a query can't we use experiment setting to divert 50% 50% traffic to these ads 2 old ads and 2 new ads.

Like 1 Campaign - 10 Adgroups - Per Adgroup - 4 Ad Copies - 2 New and 2 Old.
Objective - All Keywords should traffic should be diverted 50 50% between these 2 sets of ads per ad group.

Now in each ad group - choose old ad copies as control and new ad copies as experiment and by following this to all ad groups can't I get what I want.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arjun M
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

0HI Arjun,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you set the two old ads in Control only and Two new ads in Experiment only. Will not distribute the traffic Equally,

But the new ads will get the equal traffic among.

Let's say:-If you set the 50-50% Experiment in campaigns.And the ad group have received 2000 impression.
1.) you keep control in two old ads:-A and B.
2.) but set the experiment in Two new ads:-C and D

So here 1000 impression will be distributed among the first set of ads:-A and B.
and next 1000 impression will be distributed among C and D equally.

Hope your doubt is clearedSmiley Happy